Sunday, October 11, 2009

My 2000 Yamaha Zuma hasn't been started in over a year and now it won't start, what can I do?

I haven't started my Zuma in over a year and now it won't start. The battery seems to be completely dead since nothing happens when I turn the key to the "on" position. I tried to kick-start it, but nothing happens. I don't know much about bike maintenance. What could it be, and what would be the simplest things to try? It was in great shape before I let it sit...
My 2000 Yamaha Zuma hasn't been started in over a year and now it won't start, what can I do?
dead battery and gummed up clogged carburators are probably your biggest two issues. always drain the carburators before any type of storage.
My 2000 Yamaha Zuma hasn't been started in over a year and now it won't start, what can I do?
The battery can easily be replaced or charged with a simple motorcycle trickle charger you can find at the store.





If the bike had gas in it while it was stored, the gas has gone bad and "gummed up" the carbeurators. Even if it was drained prior to storage, I'd still bet money that its the problem. If you're not a big wrench/gear head, might be better to take it to a shop. Tell them it went to storage a year ago, came out not running. They'll know what to do.





If it had gas in it, and the gas is gone now, check the inside of the gas tank for rust before you try filling it up and starting your engine.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Dierdre © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting