Sunday, March 14, 2010

Similar to Ducati Monster?

I'm 6'4 230 muscular build. I'm in love with the Ducati monster bikes (sound, naked look, etc.) but they're kinda hard to find used and i'm also worried about possibly oversizing it.





any thoughts on this? or other bike suggestions that might fit me better considering my size?





thx
Similar to Ducati Monster?
With your size, most v-twins with that look will be a little small. I'm 6' 2", and it usually hits me first in the foot peg location on this kind of bike. It's tolerable though, and if you're not planning a lot of cross country trips, you should be o.k. Just stay with the larger models. (900 cc plus)





For that look and sound in the used market, the monsters probably are the most common. There are a lot of Buells around, too. They convert well into the 'naked' look, just by pulling off a couple pieces of plastic.





Another I would recommend is the Triumph speed triple, although not a v-twin, the in-line 3 cyl. gives it its own unique sound.





Start hitting your local classifieds, cycletrader.com, craigslist etc. My area is flooded with nice used bikes at the moment. You should be able to find something you really like, just take your time and check out as many as you can.
Similar to Ducati Monster?
There are three that come to mind.





2 of which have already been posted.


Buell


Triumph Triple Speed


Suzuki SV650 and SV1000(the older models have the tube frame)


No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Dierdre © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting