Friday, November 6, 2009

2001 Honda XR100R Stalls?

Hello:





My Honda stalls when I give it gas really fast, but only when at speeds near idle. If I am going just fast enough where I don't have to hold the clutch, and I give it all its got, it acts just as if I had held the kill switch.





I have also noticed some oil in the air filter, but it does not appear to have come through the carburetor.
2001 Honda XR100R Stalls?
the reason it stalls when you throttle up quickly is because the carburetor on that model is a mechanical slide type and if you throttle up too fast just off idle the engine gets air faster than fuel causing it to run too lean on the mixture to run. As far as the oil in the filter box it is probably coming from the crankcase breather tube due to regular pressure fluctuations in the crankcase. when was the last time you checked the filter before finding the oil? It will show up some over time.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Dierdre © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting