Friday, November 6, 2009

How do I check the oil on my motorcycle??

I own a 1997 Suzuki LS650 Savage. Single cylinder. I am trying to read the manual on the bike about this, but it does not tell me much. It says that there is a window, but they are showing the cap as a window. I am confused. I though there would be a window on the motor. I don't see one. In the cap, it looks like a L that I am taking for low? But it could be a seven? Anyone know this year and make bike help me out please??
How do I check the oil on my motorcycle??
Most have a sight glass on the side of the engine - if yours has a dipstick built into the cap, and it says 'L' then I think I would agree with your assessment.





Make sure to get the right kind of oil for your bike, and if it has been a while (or never) then consider draining it, replacing the filter, and putting some synthetic or synthetic blend.
How do I check the oil on my motorcycle??
not sure on the 97.. but on mine the window was on the side of the motor near the brake pedal..





if you send me your email address I can send you a file of exploded parts diagrams,,





cant send files on this site..

purchase flowers

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Dierdre © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting