Friday, November 6, 2009

Anyone with a Valkyrie trike or other trike without reverse?

I currently have a Vulcan 800 Drifter that I love. I've been thinking about getting a trike too for more storage space on trips. How do you handle parking a trike without reverse on it? It seems like it would really limit your parking places and manueverability when parking. I'm only 5'4 and worried I wouldn't be able to push it out of/in to situations. Of course I'm dreaming about a Valkyrie trike. Thanks.
Anyone with a Valkyrie trike or other trike without reverse?
I thought the Valkyrie did have a reverse. Isnt it based on a Goldwing? I was nearly sure all Goldwings had a reverse gear.





Anyway, to answer your question..





We had the displeasure of working on probably the worst trike in history. It was a Yamaha 1100 converted to a trike. From memory it was a Virago or something equally unapealling.





It had 10" rear tyres, a locked diff and no reverse gear.





It took 3 of us to push backwards into the workshop and where we wanted it to go.





Im not sure how you would cope. I read somewhere most of the newer trikes have reverse adapted to them with an electric gear driven motor and a button.
Anyone with a Valkyrie trike or other trike without reverse?
I ride with some that have a trike with no reverse. They just don't park in a place where it's uphill on the backout. They pull around and let gravity roll it back into the spot if possible.
Reply:You must pay attention to how and where you park, as with any large motorcycle.


Go this site. There is a lady who is a member of VRCC who has ridden a Valkyrie trike all over the country.





http://www.valkyrieforum.com/forum/main....


No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Dierdre © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting