Friday, November 6, 2009

The Cruise Control on my 04 Gold Wing won't stay set.?

It pops off, after being set, as I drive. The problem seems to be coming from the front brake lever. If I push forward on that lever, the crusie stays set. About as soon as I release the forward pressure on brak lever, the cruise control unsets.
The Cruise Control on my 04 Gold Wing won't stay set.?
Sound like the slack in the brake lever is interfering with the cruise controls break release control. Adjust the cable tension at the lever just enough to keep a little tension on it and that should solve your problem.
The Cruise Control on my 04 Gold Wing won't stay set.?
see my eyebrow rise, Motogp?


an 04 Wing with a brake cable?


no idea if the play in the lever can be adjusted, not interested in getting close enough to a Wing to find out


but is has hydraulicly operated brakes on both ends for sure
Reply:The switch also activates the rear brake light.


Does the brake light stay on?


May need a new switch.

Genealogy

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Dierdre © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting